The Luxury of Liquidity
Borro Private Finance is a boutique lender that provides loans secured exclusively against luxury assets, facilitated by in-house valuation expertise, giving individuals powerful, non-bank financing options for access to capital.Learn More
We equip borrowers with unique credit solutions to seize opportunities, while giving each client and asset the discreet and attentive service they deserve.
Founded in 2008, we are a lending solution for clients throughout the UK and US, specialising in Fine Art, Classic Cars and Jewellery & Watches, with total funding in excess of £280 million since founding.
Investments in Fine Art, Classic Cars and Jewellery & Watches can yield impressive returns. Yet unlocking their liquidity through private sales or auction costs time and effort, and often results in degraded asset value. Borro Private Finance empowers clients to capitalise on the true value of their luxury assets without the wait, and, more importantly, without the need to sell.
We aim to educate both the art and finance sectors about the financial potential available within luxury assets
Our transatlantic team is comprised of trusted experts within their sectors
We provide a highly personalised service, with solutions tailored to the clients’ individual needs
We enable clients to raise liquidity efficiently, with flexibility and in a timely manner
Accredited, in-house valuation experts enable Borro Private Finance to provide appraisals with speed. Specialising in luxury assets, we work closely with an international network of appraisers, auction houses and experienced dealers to ensure estimates are fair and reflect up-to-date market value.
Logo usage does not imply endorsement
Backed by the financial strength of Victory Park Capital, a leading financier of specialty loans and private lending, Borro Private Finance offers access to capital. This ensures, upon loan acceptance, clients are able to obtain the liquidity they need.
The Borro Private Finance team brings together decades of thought leadership and success from the disciplines of secured lending and luxury assets.
- John Allbrook
- Claire Hillier
- Tom Freeman
- Nick Pulford
- Gisa Bielfeldt
John joined Borro Private Finance in 2017. He not only oversees the firms commercial and operational activities but also chairs the Board of Directors. John is an experienced leader in global corporations, private equity and publicly listed businesses across the Financial Services, FinTech and BioTech sectors.
Previously, John served as:
- Non-Executive Chairman of Franchise Finance Limited (2016-2018), where he guided the management team through a period of significant growth and on to a successful exit to Hitachi Capital.
- Chairman of Syscap Holdings Limited (2010-2015), where he worked with the management team to transform revenues and profitability prior to orchestrating a successful exit to the Wesleyan Assurance Society.
John also currently serves as a non-executive director of Cellesce Limited and CODE Investing Limited.
Claire joined Borro Private Finance as Head of Sales in 2012 establishing the client services team and is currently responsible for the global commercial strategy of the organisation which includes business development, marketing, product development and client services. Claire has worked with a diverse range of clients and partners throughout her time at Borro Private Finance including wealthy families, entrepreneurs, celebrities, sports professionals, private banks and wealth managers. Claire is an experienced leader with more than 16 years’ experience within financial services.
Previously, Claire served as:
- Senior Sales Channel Manager UK Credit Cards – Halifax Bank (2010-2012).
- Senior Channel Manager UK Personal Loans – Lloyds TSB and BOS (2009-2010).
Tom joined Borro Private Finance in 2013 as Head of Business Information. He provided analytical and strategic support for the company’s $112m debt-refinance in March 2014 and $19.5m equity-raise in February 2015. He is responsible for underwriting, logistics, appraisals, retail and analytics.
Previously, Tom served as:
- Head of Pricing at Betfair.com (2012), where he implemented significant amendments to company’s pricing structure which increased annual revenues by £50M (9%).
- Senior Analyst and Pricing Manager at Betfair.com (2005 – 2012), where he developed a ‘commercial data licence’ rate-card generating £1M of annual profits and implemented ‘fair and reasonable usage’ clauses reducing costs by £500k.
Nick joined Borro Private Finance in 2017. He is responsible for Finance and Technology. Nick has multi-sector experience, gained across a range of organisational structures, including PLC and Private Equity. Nick has previously managed business refinancing and sale projects, including those with Asset-Backed Lending arrangements. His experience of leading organic and acquisitive growth will support the ongoing development of new business.
Previously, Nick served as:
- VP Operational Finance – AECOM (2013).
- Global Finance Director – WSP Environment and Energy (2006 – 2013).
Gisa joined Borro Private Finance as the General Counsel in 2017. She is responsible for all legal aspects of the business, compliance and company secretarial matters. Since 2012, Gisa has held a number of senior in-house roles. She previously spent nearly 10 years as a corporate finance lawyer working on public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and fundraisings.
Previously, Gisa served as:
- Head of Legal – ITRS Group (2016 – 2017).
- General Counsel at GoIndustry – DoveBid plc (2005-2012).