Borro and its logo are registered trademarks of Borro Limited. Borro is the trading name of Borro Loan 2 Limited. Borro Loan 2 Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 741024 for consumer credit lending. Registered Office: Seebeck House, 1 Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8FR. Registered in England and Wales with no. 06926445.
1. We lend fixed sums of money on a secured basis at a fixed interest rate over a fixed period of time. Any loan is subject to approving your application and you signing a formal credit agreement online at www.borro.com. The credit agreement contains other information that we are obliged to supply to you, including the duration of the loan, the applicable %APR, how to cancel the loan, how to repay the loan early, the total amount you have to repay, and any charges that may be payable under the credit agreement if you are in default.
2. We can also arrange for shipping the item of your own property that you wish to use as security for your loan ("Your Property"). You warrant and represent that you have good and marketable title to Your Property, free of all encumbrances of any kind, and you are not under the age of 18 years.
3. By choosing Borro's pre-paid shipping service, you are authorising us to act for you in appointing on your behalf a shipping agent to ship Your Property to and from our premises for the purposes of further appraisal by our valuers in accordance with the terms of this Service Agreement.
4. Borro provides basic packaging for your items which comprises a padded envelope and Royal Mail Special Delivery tamper proof bag. It is your responsibility to ensure that your items are securely and appropriately packaged, including the use of additional and/or item specific packaging. Borro cannot be held responsible for damage to items sent in inappropriate packaging.
5. Our nominee to act as your shipping agent for Your Property is Royal Mail. The Royal Mail Special Delivery Service provides insurance cover for loss or damage to Your Property in transit up to a market replacement value of £200,000 in conjunction with our insurers. If you think the market replacement value of your goods is more than £200,000, it is your sole responsibility to take out your own insurance. If you choose to despatch goods of a replacement value exceeding £200,000 via the pre-paid Royal Mail Special Delivery Service without arranging any additional insurance cover, you agree that you are doing this at your own risk, and that you will have no claim on us and/or the Royal Mail for any amount (subject to average) of the replacement value of any goods lost, damaged or devalued in any way in the course of the Royal Mail Special Delivery Service.
6. It is your responsibility to obtain and retain a receipt for shipping from the shipping agent. This receipt should include a unique tracking code. This receipt is required for any insurance claim. You must also ensure that you can produce photograph(s) of Your Property as well as at least one document per item which will prove ownership and the current replacement value of Your Property. Please note that it is your responsibility to keep safe all documentation relating to Your Property that would be useful in support of an insurance claim, including, but not limited to any purchase receipts, shipping receipts, certificates, valuations, insurance documents or photos. Please note the following clause [from the Royal Mail's insurance claim processes] : "Royal Mail needs to ensure that unwarranted claims are not made and as such it retains the right to request further information from the claimant and to refuse claims that it suspects are unwarranted".
7. Subject to the terms of Clause 4 above, you agree that we are not liable in any way if Royal Mail or our insurers refuses any insurance claims in relation to Your Property.
8. On receiving Your Property from you, we inspect the item(s), and compare Your Property to the original description supplied by you, in order to confirm that they match. We value Your Property in good faith, according to accepted industry standards and prevailing market rates, and on the assumption that the description provided by you is completely accurate. Should Your Property vary from the original description in a manner which affects the valuation, we may, in our absolute discretion, decline to make an offer or make an offer to you that is higher or lower than the initial indication given to you for any reason, including but not limited to any difference in the actual quality of Your Property compared with our understanding of your original description or changes in the market for such item(s). Any offer that we make to you is subject to us being able to formally identify you, and you signing a formal credit agreement online at www.borro.com.
10. Under Copyright and Counterfeit Goods legislation, we are obliged to destroy any replica branded watches we receive. As such, we are unable to return any replica branded watches received.
11. Under UK Hallmarking legislation, we are obliged to destroy any items carrying fraudulent UK Hallmarks, or items carrying UK Hallmarks that make up a part of pieces that are intended to deceive.
12. To determine the purity (carat) of gold items, we will first look at any UK hallmarking on pieces. For non-UK hallmarked items, or if there is any question of the veracity of markings or hallmarking, we may have to test pieces using either acid or an electronic test. You accept that the process of appraisal of your items may result in tarnishing, staining and/or scratches.
13. If you chose not to accept your offer or we are unable to loan against your items, we will despatch them back to you within 5 working days of receipt. You will receive email confirmation of despatch, including your unique tracking code, on the day of despatch.
14. Any shipment of a value beneath our minimum transaction value of £3,500 will be returned by Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery, a signed for service. For this purpose, the value is as determined by Borro's valuers.
15. Should any insurance claim arise out of any loss or damage suffered in shipping Your Property back to you, the replacement value(s) claimed will be according to our valuation of Your Property as described in Clause 9 below, whether you accept any loan offer or not.
16. You are responsible for any telecommunications charges, digital television subscription or other network charges for the time you spend accessing www.borro.com or calling us.
17. The laws of the United Kingdom (and English law in particular) are taken as the basis for the establishment of relations with you prior to the conclusion of the distance credit agreement, and govern the shipping terms and the credit agreement. We and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, unless you live in Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, in which case you will be entitled to commence legal proceedings in your local courts.
18. This document, the shipping terms and any credit agreement are in the English language. We undertake to communicate with you in English during the duration of the loan application process and any loan you enter into. The information contained in this Pre-contract disclosure is only valid in respect of the proposed loan application and during the term of any ensuing loan.
19. If you want to make a complaint about the lending process, shipping or the loan you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, with brief details of your complaint and your account number. Our Customer Service staff will acknowledge your complaint by email within 1 business day. They will investigate and send you an initial response, having had access to an officer with the authority to settle the complaint (including, where appropriate, an offer of redress). Where appropriate, the member of staff investigating the complaint will not be any staff member who was directly involved in the subject matter of the complaint. This should take no longer than five business days, but most complaints may well be resolved by close of business on the business day after the complaint is received. If the complaint is not resolved by close of business on the business day after the complaint is received, we will send you a copy of this complaints handling procedure. If you are not satisfied by our response, you must contact the Customer Services Manager, who will respond by email within a further five business days. If you are not satisfied with the response from the Customer Services Manager, you can email email@example.com, enclosing the responses already given to you. Your email will then be referred to the Chief Executive Officer, who will respond by email within a final five business days. If within four weeks after receiving a complaint, we will send you either a final response or a response which explains why we are not in a position to resolve the complaint and indicates when we will make further contact. Complaints about the lending process or the loan that we cannot settle within 8 weeks after the date of complaint may ultimately be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You are able to contact the Financial Ombudsman service in writing, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR, or telephone, 0800 023 4567, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please visit www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
20. While we will provide you with information that we have to help you in any dispute or claim that you may have with your shipping agent, we cannot be held liable for any failure in the agent's performance of its obligations to you.
21. To make a general enquiry concerning consumer credit licensing matters, please telephone the Financial Conduct Authority on 0300 500 0597 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. To search the public register of consumer credit licences and interim permissions, please either telephone or visit the Financial Conduct Authority between 9.30am and 5pm.
22. If any part of this Service Agreement that is not fundamental is found to be illegal or unenforceable, such finding will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the Service Agreement.
23. You agree that all documents, messages, and notices that we are required and entitled to send you may be delivered electronically to the latest email address provided to us by you, or via your online customer account that is accessible via www.borro.com. Documents, messages, and notices include, but are not limited to: statements of account, payment due notices, loan agreements, and other information regarding your loan.
Current cash back offers are capped at a minimum loan amount of £3,500. Borro reserves the right to expire this offer at any time.
1. You must be aged 18 years or over to participate in the promotions. Underage entries will be void.
2. Cash back promotions will be earned based on loan amounts. Borro reserves the right to cap the amount of cash back on offer or withdraw the cash back promotion at any time. Please ring 0808 163 9537 for details.
3. Fraudulent, multiple or incorrectly completed entries will not be accepted, neither will entries made in breach or non-compliance with these terms and conditions. No liability is accepted for entries that are not received for any reason by Borro.
4. Borro reserves the right to exclude any entrant from competitions, promotions, events and from use of the Borro website if Borro believes that an entrant has tried to engage in the promotion via fraudulent or illegal activity (including participation that would be in breach of the law in your local jurisdiction).
5. Borro in its sole discretion reserves the right to withdraw or vary the terms of competitions and promotions and/or any offer made in connection with them in order to comply with the decision of any relevant judicial or regulatory body and shall not be held liable to any entrant for so doing.
6. The decision of Borro in respect of any matter concerning or related to competitions and promotions is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Borro accepts no responsibility whatsoever for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during any of these promotions.
8. Borro and its affiliates and subsidiaries, or any of their employees, officers or directors shall not be liable for any damages howsoever arising as a result of a participant's in an event or any such modification, alteration, discontinuance or termination of any tournament, and any such liability shall be borne solely and exclusively by the participant or winner, as the case may be.
9. You agree that these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
10. Borro retains the right to withdraw the promotion at a time of its choosing.
11. Cancellations of loans will be dealt with in line with Borro's standard terms and conditions.
12. Borro reserves the right to withdraw any promotions and recover the promotion amount if the user cancels their Fixed Sum Loan Agreement within 14 days or fails to renew or redeem their loan.
13. The promoter in respect of any prize draws, competitions and promotions is Borro Loan 2 Limited.
Last updated: 14 November, 2017